Thursday, May 6, 2010

Vacation is OVER! Kits, kits, and more kits!

Getting my creative juices flowing again, finally! lol I am so excited! I had a family situation that was ongoing and honestly I became totally side tracked. That has now been resolved!

I will be taking a continued education art class for different paint mediums to improve my skin tones in my AA babies starting in June. I had the opportunity to talk with a wonderful instructor and she was so interesting and interested, being a doll collector as well, in working with me. I always feel that I never know enough and I always want to improve my painting techniques (any chance that I get) so that you as a reborn collector will never be dissappointed in purchasing my babies. I have so many in mind that I want to start, I can't make up my mind where to start (have I said that before? :0))! They are all adorable kits! For example and just to name a very few:

Jolina (awaken) by Master Artist Manuela Muth, 1st Peep by Charlotte Parry, Jiao by Adrie Stoete, Erika by Shawna Clymer, Tessa by Didy Jacobsen and Max by Tamie Yarie

I am waiting patiently on my Jayden by Claire Taylor, Jack by Tamie Yarie (I love doing preemies), Marco by Master Artist Nel de Man and Capri by Jorja Pigott (Gooooooo JORJA!!!). Debbie Henshaw of "They Never Grow Up Nursery did an amazing job on her prototype too!! Yeahhhhh Debbie!!!

In addition, I am now the proud owner of some gorgeous Suri Alpaca fiber from Renee of Black Meadow Farm in a NATURAL black from her Kona that I am dying to use, it is definitely a different finer texture which will work great for my "day old" newborns and preemies. I know that my mohair fiber is luxiouriously soft and of very high quality (from Ellen of Slumberland Nursery)with very little waste and works very well for my newborns and toddlers. The clincher is that I love the fact that it is not dyed and the color is even (no reds or white hairs that I have seen). I have had no luck with the darker colors of mohair, through time, they still seem to bleed. Okay, I guess that I am excited about everything and just need to get busy! They have all had their baths so I will be posting my before photos when I get started soon!

Don't forget to visit my website and sign my guestbook! I'd love for you to see my new look!
From my heart to yours...

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.

    collectables for sale

    ReplyDelete