Saturday, May 15, 2010

It's a Boy (almost)!

Keanu Reeves is one of my all time favorite actors, did I forget to say "Hunk", and for some reason this Jannik sculpt put me in mind of him (if he was finished; tight and bright dark eyes, fair skin, full lips, dark hair and a very happy baby). He has gorgeous Lebanese features:


This is what I feel like one of his children might look with a little of mom and a lot of dad, my opinion I know, even if he doesn't put you in the moment and it's just my little vision, I like the idea of a little Keanu, let's meet him. If you are shy or easily shocked don't stare too long, cause it's a BOY! :


The Beginning...I have taken his "progress photos" with my new D 3000 Nikon :


The sculpt is Jannik by Master Artist Birgit Gutzwiller from Little Dolldreams Collection, his facial features looked so alert and screamed B-O-Y. I am reborning him using LDC permanent air dry paints. I switched his original limbs and added Sheila Michael's anatomically correct torso because it seemed that it was made for him. It has happy hands (full limbs) that look like they might say "I just want to touch everything".

Here he has had his first few layers...he will have 20mm eyes in Oriental brown (because he would have his father's beautiful dark eyes wouldn't he?)


Now he's got more coloring, he has human hair eyelashes and I have put in his eyes. I shot this yesterday right before it started getting dark outdoors and the next one outdoors from today).



His Binky is now functional, so he's very happy. Gotta do his nails and eyebrows!



All done with his nails, got them sealed off to do his eyebrows while his nails dry. This is an outdoor shot today, oddly enough it was very overcast. Thank God that I got this one right before it started to sprinkle. We've been getting a lot of rain the last few days!

I'll be back with more shortly!


Update:

He's got the sweetest little dimples...the cutest little tongue and I think that he's trying to teeth! I have to do his creases and little fat folds. Then I will start on his hair. I decided to use the natural black Alpaca  (it's beautiful just like his virtual dad's hair) on him too, it's just sooo soft. I can't wait to see the contrast with his skin tone.


So this is skinny of what I have been doing for the last few days. I told you I was getting back into my groove! LOL Well, brought you up-to-speed on little Keanu! He will have his own page like little Jack with the rest of his progress so stay tuned!  Now that I've got him started, I'll need to get started on little "Jack".

From my heart to yours... Hugs, Judie

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl I see your back and hard at work, love the way he's looking so far.
    waiting to see finished pics, and BTW I love your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Keanu is coming along, hopefully he will won't be to much longer! lol

    ReplyDelete