Saturday, May 8, 2010

I got my "Jack" and Tamie's done it again!

Meet little soon-to-be-reborn Jack by Tamie Yarie!
He is definitely the most adorable micro-preemie done with Tamie's master touch!! I thought that I was in love with Samiah. He's her very first EXCLUSIVE edition limited to 250, world wide!

He is so tiny and so adorable, all 12 inches of him! He even has a few little fat folds on his legs and his little face has that very newborn puffy look. Can you see them? Even the shape of his tiny head is very realistic! I've done a lot of preemies and micro-preemies and I must admit that he has more detailing than some that I have done being this tiny.
Now in the real world, we know that preemies have very little if any fat reserve, so just the hint makes him all the more cuter and healthier looking! I gave him his bath and I just have a strong feeling that he will be the start-up of my babies! I will certainly enjoy doing his skin tones with Genesis paints (he will fit in my little oven very nicely). I just love the little ones, they are so determined to survive that they put their all into making it into this world, with every breath an effort. It's a small tribute to their huge effort, the fight that many more can win now and that is why I so love to reborn them! I thank God for modern medicine, which can give them that extra push to help them through all of it.


Oh, did I say that I am excited about my art class (hehe)? I must be VERY excited, because in my excitement...I forgot to tell you what really did it for me! My instructor will teach me / her students how to make, yes I said make, my/ our own shade ranges of brown. I never did like having to depend on the "factory" made browns because when you try to enhance them they become a very muddy dull color. So, I always felt at their mercy of too much red or too much yellow. There never seemed to be a happy medium for me, work with what you have or pay the price of "stripping"! When this class is over, I will probably have a lot of colors for sale. Lol She said that she uses a very limited palette of colors to make many colors. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Her paints of choice are the Liquitex brand interesting enough, but she's going to work with the colors that I already have. I have their mediums but have never tried the paints. I thought that it was very nice of her...now all I have to do is make a list of all of the colors that I have. Hummm, I should have that list done by June don't you think? lolrotf

Check Jack's page for his progress!!!

From my heart to yours... Hugs, Judie

No comments:

Post a Comment