Saturday, December 22, 2012

BABY update

Went from warm to extremely windy and bitter cold here. LeLei got to see his first snow and didn't quite know what to make of it, too funny, but he quickly adjusted and Delylah (being a pro) could care less. Now it's melted, still cold and it's winter!



Well we are about to wrap this year up. Seems it went by soooo soon! I felt like I had just put up the Christmas lights from last year and it was time to get them out again. And yes again, it took everything I had to do them. It's just not the same anymore without him. I guess that it's because it was our favorite time of the year, now it just seems like another day. Then with all of the tragedies that have happened. I just don't know, people killing babies just doesn't sit well with me. To cheer me up my fav cousin sent me a beautiful poinsettia. It's so big it looks like a tree and I'm not good with these things (bummer). It's just good to have family and friends to be with during this time, but that isn't what I came here to talk to you about. Its been running through my mind, regardless, I am trying to keep an upbeat post going on here.



So stay on track Judie, stay on track! I came to show you updates on the girls. Here they are together Abra (L) and Presley Dawn. You can see the difference in their skin tones that way too!


Presley has eyelashes now. I did her hair with Slumberland mohair. Abra is still WIP but she's being done with TNGUN mohair and I have to say it but I really do like it better. Maybe because it's "kid" cut, that being the first haircut on the young goat, it's more "baby"? I don't know, but all that I've gotten from her, it simply seems softer. Now don't get me wrong I do love Slumberland's hair, but you know we all have our favs! :o)


Abra is just about completed in the front, it's wet, but I still wanted to take her pic to show you. I just love how her skin tones came out! I'm thinking more peaches n' cream? She has "flash face" from my Cphone camera, so on the next one so she looks a lot lighter than she is.

 
 Both of them have glass eyes. I just love the little pouty mouth on Abra and I think that she has more of a fat baby look in comparison! I can't wait to start dressing them. Doesn't look like a Christmas birthday for them.
 
 
No Presley's Lashes aren't super long. It's just the way that I angled the camera at her head so that you could see how delicate looking they are! She has such dreamy eyes don't you think? I guess that you can see her little stark bite! I made Presley Dawn a little nose scratch too, thought about doing one on her cheek but that seemed like over-kill after I thought about it (before doing it, thank God), had to clip her nails so that she won't do it again. Why do babies always end up with some kind of booboo right before a holiday picture? LOL
 
 
Can you see her lashes? Sorry about the blurry pictures, as I said, took these on my cellphone while I was working on Abra so they are not the best at the moment but you can at least see how they are progressing!
 
All trimmed up, she's going to sport the short wispy style and Abra will have curly hair or at least it can be styled to be curly! I'm going over her for a final inspection before she comes all together, so to speak. At this point they will be my first babies of the New Year for certain! Cooking for Christmas again. With that being said...
 

 I just hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a very blessed New "2013" if I don't get to post before!

From my heart to yours... Hugs, Judie www.loveisforevernursery.com

1 comment: