Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The day or so after Christmas...

Well, I cooked all day Christmas eve and my back was killing me! LOL I just didn't want to do it all on Christmas. Glad I didn't, I made it through, think I got carried away though. We had too much food but I wanted to be sure it was enough. Ham, Chicken with dressing, Talapia, duck, pulled beef and pork, greens, green beans with sausage and mushrooms, mac and cheese, hors d'avors (:o) and other desserts. Family came over and it was a very nice day and everything turned out well. We pulled for gifts which was wonderful for me, I wasn't in a shopping mood for presents. We played games and I felt better but still, I knew someone was missing and nobody mentions him. I have my new saying that when I get really low, I say to myself I am lonely, but I am not alone". I have read two of my five books on working through grief and they have helped me realize that I am not going crazy. I am different and I will never be the same. I still long for him (my hubby) but I also understand that he is so much better off, no pain, no suffering and no being stuck with needles or dealing with aching bones to keep him up at night. Still...
For you animal (fur kid) lovers
Since I didn't do it last Christmas for obvious reasons I wanted to share Lil D opening her own Christmas. I did it year before, when we didn't think or know that she would do it to our surprise. So I gave her, her gift and sure enough, well see for yourself!


Christmas 2011

From my heart to yours... Hugs, Judie

No comments:

Post a Comment