Monday, December 13, 2010

Pageant Queen 2010 and her Court, WIP and everything in between!

With the severe illness and untimely death of my husband, I must apologize because I have been very off centered. I am still trying to get back to focusing on my projects. One was getting the winners their trophies for this year's Queen and her court! I succeeded and got them all mailed off. There were 14 beautiful entrants but only one could end up Queen. I even got them on my blog for you to see (late but still I did it). I can't wait to see next year's babies!

Meet the first ™Cutest Baby "Reborn" Pageant
Reigning Queen 2010"

(1st Place): Candidate #4 "Welcome Back Taylor sculpt" by Tamie Yarie. Reborn Artist: Melissa C. of Bella's Babies by the Bay~Reborn Nursery.


First Maid (2nd Place): candidate #2 "Baylee sculpt" by Lorna Miller-Sands. Reborn Artist: Angela W. of Cotton Babies Nursery.

Second Maid (3rd Place): candidate #7 "Paris sculpt" by Adrie Stoete. Reborn Artist: Sheri C. of Dream Babies Nursery

Third Maid (4th Place): candidate #12 "Lilly sculpt" by Denise Pratt. Reborn Artist: Lisa B. of Dodie's Babies Nursery

You can read more about them in the Queen's Chamber!




Next was painting the house and removing a room of carpeting (my sister helped me tear up the carpet). I focused on each project and that allowed me to keep busy and yet complete the things that we had discussed doing this year. I finished painting the living room, dining room, family room, kitchen and hallway, took me two weeks but I did it, vaulted ceilings and all! Then I set out to tackle the now bear floors in the living room and down the basement stairs. It took me a total of 3 days to complete the stairs and 2 days to lay the living room floor. Yes, I did it all by myself.



W.I.P

Before everything happened, I had promised my granddaughter a baby for her birthday in November, didn't quite make that. I think and hopefully she will be holding her little "Capri"(Jorja Pigott, she liked the name so we're keeping it) in her arms, for Christmas. She's really almost done gotta do pictures for her too! These are a few of her preliminary photos. I sent her mommy one via cellphone and she's in love! I kinda am too LOL 


no hair and just finished her coloring...

 wasn't totally rooted here but was moving along quite well.

 

All rooted and being all put together for her birthday. She's 20 inches long, wear's newborn clothing 4 lbs 11 oz.  Things that her mommy doesn't know about. She has an actual baby cry (recording)She's got pierced ears and I left her nose intact. She's a real cuteypatootey for sure. I just love her skin tones!


Lastly,
I have been moving my website from another host site and it has been a headache all over again, over 3 days, but then again, it has kept me focused and busy. This is the (?) temporary link to click on so that you can visit with us!



Well that's all for now, and promise to get back sooner. Next blog I will tell you all about my painting in my Art. Thought you might need a breather right about now, I know that I do!
From my heart to yours... Hugs, Judie

No comments:

Post a Comment