Monday, March 5, 2012

My Lil D had a mishap...

A couple of hours now back from the emergency vet with lil D. I let her out for her last potty run and her usual "chase the rabbit" game. However, this time it wasn't a rabbit it was a young possum. When we both realized it, is when it didn't run away like they usually do. It didn't get her, I think it was more afraid of me when I took off after her. When she turned to come back to me she yelped I thought it just scared her, but I checked her over anyway and no scratches or bites. I put her down and she wouldn't bare any weight on her left back leg. Now I'm scared. I feel up her leg, foot to her hip didn't seem broke but I thought fracture? Knee? when I heard a popping sound. Not good. I took her to emergency and she was xrayed. $299.00 later, they think that she tore her ACL and that seems to require surgical repair. Expensive surgical repair. We have never been apart since my hubby died. She has to be very contained for at least 8 weeks with or without surgery, so now it's a waiting game. They are going to call in the morning with the radiologist report to confirm. I am just praying that she's not in severe pain, she's so sweet about it, it's hard to tell. I did give her meds that work for pain and another anti-inflamatory. So I am asking you to pray for us! I know that I am over reacting but she's my baby girl and helped me through so much, now I gotta help her! We've been through so much together. I could just cry, like anything else it just happened so fast it's like a bad dream.


From my heart to yours... Hugs, Judie

No comments:

Post a Comment