Thursday, August 5, 2010

She's getting better, she's getting hair

Finally got her shadows and highlights right. Who would have thought that you could paint hair with Quinacridone Magenta and Phthalo Blue. It does have a soft look and no she's not finished, she still needs some more layers just like a reborn! LOL
I am going to try this on a test head to see how it works/looks on vinyl. I still have more work on her and looking forward to starting on my next canvas. I'm all signed up for my next session to learn more and finish her at last. I know that I will not be painting canvas, I'll stick to my 3 dimensional babies! LOLROTF
Got my colors mapped out for Jack, Capri and my little Asian baby Jiao to start VERY soon. I also got me a heat gun that I am dying to try out.

I can't seem to find a larger convection oven so this might be my next resort for my larger sculpts. I really love GHSP's but then I limit myself on my sculpt sizes that I can use in my little oven. I refuse to use my cooking oven to heat the kits. From all that I have read this takes less time and you can localize areas that you are working on. I have a larger one already for my bigger areas.

From my heart to yours... Hugs, Judie

No comments:

Post a Comment